Shopping for your wife can be tricky, especially when she won't give you any ideas other than, "Don't worry about buying me anything!" (Pro tip: Always ignore that statement.)
When you're searching for a meaningful gift that doesn't scream, "I bought this at the last minute," and that conveys how much you love and appreciate your wife, consider diamond jewelry.
Diamonds are Forever
That saying about diamonds being forever isn't just a throwaway line. Diamond jewelry is something she'll cherish for the rest of her life.
The key is to find just the right piece, the thing she'll want to wear all the time, and won't stick in the jewelry box until the next night out. The perfect match will be the bracelet, earrings, or necklace she'll put on almost every single day.
Diamond Bracelet, Earrings, or Necklace?
One of the first decisions you should make -- and something you can figure out before you even go to the jewelry store -- is what type of diamond jewelry you'll get her that best fits her style. Bracelets, earrings, and necklaces are all popular holiday gifts, but not every woman wears (or even likes) all of those types.
There are different types within each of these categories, but it's important to narrow this part down first. Not only will it help you avoid being overwhelmed, but you won't end up picking something that she'll never wear. So how do you know which one to pick? Here are some questions to ask yourself:
- Does she ever wear bracelets? If not, it's a pretty safe bet that you can eliminate this one.
- Are her ears pierced? Even though there are clip-on options out there, if she doesn't have pierced ears, you can safely stay away from earrings.
- Does she own many necklaces? If she rarely wears necklaces or if she owns a lot already, you might want to consider another type of jewelry. However, this one can be tricky, because she might actually love a diamond necklace from you even if it's not her usual style (perhaps she just hasn't had a nice necklace before! Or maybe what she owns already isn't particularly meaningful!)
- Has she ever expressed interest in or admired specific diamond jewelry? Maybe she has commented on a friend's diamond pendant or admired a beautiful diamond bracelet on a celebrity. These can give you clues about what she might secretly wish for.
If you're still not sure what type to get, or if you decided on a type but aren't sure about exact style, we've got more tips next.
How to Find Diamond Jewelry She'll Love
If you're not sure what style she'll like, here are a few tips to help you find the right piece:
- Take note of her overall style: Is she a maximalist, wearing lots of jewelry and accessories? You probably have tons of options if that's the case, including unique hoops or a flashy diamond bracelet. Or is she more low-key, only wearing a little bit of jewelry? For example, someone who leads a very active lifestyle might find dangly earrings or a large pendant incompatible with their everyday style.
- Enlist help: Ask her best friend, mom, or sister to help you choose. Or, work with a local jeweler and offer as much intel about her style, what she currently owns, and what she has shown interest in as you can.
- Consider what she already has (and loves): You can't go wrong with finding something within her current style. For instance, if she tends to wear smaller stud earrings, diamond studs will probably be a welcome addition.
- Determine the material she likes: See if she tends to wear silver or gold—and stick to it!
- Watch for hints: She might casually express interest in a particular piece of jewelry or something someone else is wearing
- Don't pick something she'll never wear: This goes back to understanding her style; don't go for flashy pieces if she tends to wear minimal jewelry, or stay away from pieces that she can't or won't wear due to her lifestyle.
If you want to keep it simple, some classic styles include stud earrings, tennis bracelets, and pendant necklaces. It's hard to go wrong with those! Stop into Grogan Jewelers Cool Springs, Huntsville, or Florence locations, and let us help you find the perfect gift for your wife. Make this Christmas present the one she'll never forget.
Need A Last-Minute Christmas Gift For Your Wife?